49 street rod

Unknown
edited November -1 in Street Rods
Tryin to find info on a subframe for my 49 commodore 2 dorr sedan.

I would appreciate any informtion on drivetrain. I will be starting the project soon and will share all info I find out. Thanks, you are all a great help.

Comments

• Hi!

Here's an article on the Fatman's stub frame install. That is what I've got in my garage for my '50 Pacemaker. I like the clean match up to the existing frame. Some guys have used a Camaro front clip, but you may have to get shorter A arms if they stick out too far to the sides. I'm not familiar with that install. Do you have any pics of your ride? Where are you located?

http://www.webrodder.com/article.php...90a32df7c36f52

I'm not due if Heidts or TCI make a stub frame for the Hudsons but you can check out their websites.

Good luck

Jay
  • My 50 Pacemaker has a mid 70's mopar transverse torsion bar front suspension. It looks like a natural fit. 53" between backing plates. I don't have a clue as to the exact year, neither did the guy I bought it from, he also aquired it that way. Looks like all they did when it was installed was to remove the original suspension parts, set the Hudson frame rails on the mopar suspension then weld the upper A arm supports in place. Very clean install. Ends up with power steering and disc brakes.

mike
This discussion has been closed.