NEED dipstick, Borg Warner DG-200 (1954)

Unknown
edited November -1 in HUDSON
Need a replacement dipstick for the 1954 Detroit Gear 200 (BorgWarner), 2-spd with lockup torque convertor. The total length from the bottom of the cap to the bottom mark/line of the "LOW" range (1 pint low) is 6 7/16"; the total length from the bottom of the cap to the top mark/line of the "LOW" range (FULL) is 5 15/16".

Please post your contact information here and I will contact you; THANKS

54 HSWH

Comments

• spoke to you on the phone tday. and told you the hydro dipstick is same physical size. however the full and add marks are at adilfferent level. you will have to find a borg dipstick and grind new marks on the hydro stick to match the bor warner, otherwise you fluid levels will be way off Bill Albright, Vintage Coach, Fontana, ca
  • Hi,---There was an updated version of the dipstick on the Borg/Warner transmissions. Check with Lew Mendenhall about this. Cliff Minard.
  • Thanks, I have a photograph of the dipstick (from Lewis Mendenhall via e-mail) with the correct dimensions that was so kindly given to me some time back by Lewis. That is where I obtained the dimensions provided above within this thread.
  • EssexAdv
    EssexAdv Expert Adviser, Member
    font=Comic Sans MS][/font]
    Lewis M
This discussion has been closed.