rear seat back attachment '51 Hornet sedan

Walt-LA
Walt-LA Senior Contributor
edited November -1 in HUDSON
I believe there is a part missing from the seat back attachment on my sedan. The center armrest frame is attached to the sheet metal by four screws, two at the top and and two at the bottom. About two inches outboard of the two bottom screws (R/L) there are two additional screws or bolts in the sheet metal to which nothing is attached. A piece appears to have run between these outboard and inboard screws on both sides. At least there is the outline of such on the sheet metal.

The R & L seat backs are not bolted at the bottom, and though the attachment holes for them appear to line up with the inboard screws on the armrest frame, I've wondered if the missing piece has somethng to do with how the seat backs should fit. It works as it is, but the two pieces are scraping against the outside of the armrest.

Haven't been able to find a diagram in any of the manuals.

?????

Walter

Comments

• HAVE SEVERAL PARTS CARS WITH COMPLETE BACK SEATS THAT HAVE NEVER BEEN REMOVED. IF YOU WANT TO COME OUT TO fONTANA, i WILL GIVE YOU ANY MISSING PIECES YOU MIGHT NEED, bILL aLBRIGHT
  • Walt-LA
    Walt-LA Senior Contributor
    Bill,

Many thanks! It is very kind of you to make such an offer. However..... its Walt-LA, as in Louisiana, and Fontana would be a stretch! Wish I were closer. Walter
This discussion has been closed.