Dual Master Cylinder for drum brakes

junkcarfann
junkcarfann Expert Adviser
edited November -1 in Street Rods
Hi folks...I would like to put a dual master cylinder on my 1936 Terraplane that has 4 wheel drum brakes.

Does anyone know of one that might work? The 36 master cylinder is right out in the open, on the side of the frame across from the 6cyl dipstick, actuated by a long rod that comes forward from the pedals. It is a side mount.

I would like to get one that also mounts to the side. I have just started looking, but it seems most dual masters are for disc/drum combinations.

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• i don't know what the bolt spacing on your masrer cylinder is , but there are alot of cars that came out with a dual for 4 wheel drum brakes .. the pinto , maverick and alot of other mid to compact cars . go to a parts store and talk with them . they have books with the specs on them and may be able to even come up with one that will bolt on without having to redrill or make an adapter to bolt to your original position

mike
  • vega or corvair. can get um at pep boys or checker. you might have to re drill or widen some holes but it should work for ya.
This discussion has been closed.