The Donor Finally Comes Home!

[Deleted User]
edited November -1 in Street Rods
Well, finally got the donor Coupe home today! We rolled her off the trailer on furniture dollies and a floor jack. Thanks to Bill and Dick for providing the pickup/trailer and extra hands! And thanks to Al Saffrahn for his help and his forklift!

Donor_arrives_home_2.jpg

You can barely see the original Coupe in the background covered up. Next step is to finish stripping the last remaining items off and saving the money for the chemical dip.

Anybody know how to remove the stainless around the windshield?

Jay

Comments

• rambos_ride
    rambos_ride Senior Contributor
    Anybody know how to remove the stainless around the windshield?

Vwery...Vwery...Carefuwey...(my best Elmo Fudd impersonation on the keyboard :))

I have some plastic/lexan putty knives, scrapers and such and used a propane torch to heat the stainless to get it to expand a little and then started tapping with the plastic pryer until it started to go.

You really gotta be patient it's easy to slip and these things will bend like a reed in the wind!
  • Thanks Dan, I'll have a go at it that way. Is it supposed to come up and out of the rubber? So that the rubber is just holding it in there?
  • rambos_ride
    rambos_ride Senior Contributor
    jsrail wrote:
    Thanks Dan, I'll have a go at it that way. Is it supposed to come up and out of the rubber? So that the rubber is just holding it in there?

Well my stainless was just on the pinchweld (metal edge of the window opening) it wasn't part of the seal.
  • rambos_ride wrote:
    Vwery...Vwery...Carefuwey...(my best Elmo Fudd impersonation on the keyboard :))

I have some plastic/lexan putty knives, scrapers and such and used a propane torch to heat the stainless to get it to expand a little and then started tapping with the plastic pryer until it started to go.

You really gotta be patient it's easy to slip and these things will bend like a reed in the wind!

Jay

My answer was going to start out just like Dan's. The only thing I did different was to spray a bunch of Liquid Wrench on it the day before.

Terry
This discussion has been closed.