Question for Barry

mrsbojigger
mrsbojigger Senior Contributor
edited November -1 in Street Rods
Howdy,
Need some information. We are just about at the point of no return. Car ('51 Hudson) at the bodyshop with a newly finished '80 Camaro clip about to go in it. Should be welding it in next week.
You say that your car sits at 6 1/2" from the ground at the middle of the car. Question: Is this dimension from the ground up to touching the 1/2" flange that is on the inside of the frame rail or to the flat part of the frame rail itself?
Can you show a photo of a side view of your car showing the stance?
Peace,
Chaz

Comments

• My measurement was to the flat part of the frame. I think you will be well pleased with the Camaro clip, it will probably ride real well. I assume you bought 2' lowered spindles, if you want a lowered stance. You may have to change the springs or cut a coil to get where you want to be. The car will settle a little after you drive it. I would put off final tweaking untill then.

Barry
  • mrsbojigger
    mrsbojigger Senior Contributor
    Barry,
    Thanks for replying. I'm going over to the bodyshop tomorrow and we will be starting on the setup and measurements. I am looking forward to getting it all together. Will have photos later if you are interested. I have an LS1 engine with a 4L60 trans for it.
    Peace,
    Chaz
  • Chaz; We used an after market 98 Camaro radiator, mounted it just behind, and bolted to the housing for the old stock radiator. I bought a ' Be cool shroud and elec fan' and mounted the biggest evaporator that would fit the radiator on the front. It went in real easy, and cools the car great on 105 degree days. Those radiators are like $225-$250.

Barry
  • Chaz; Forgot to mention, the radiator is for the Iroc Camaro, LS1, so it is the stock rad. for that motor.

Barry
  • Barry, are those motors ones that have the "reverse flow" cooling system? My Vette LT1 is and am told I need a reverse flow radiator for it to work right.
  • Jay you are correct, the motor and radiator are cross flow. Another thing to consider, most air bag systems have a regulator and guage for each end of the car, when hard cornering, the bags with the pressure depress and the bags on the other side tend to extend as the pressure is equalized. The perfect solution is a regulator and guage for each wheel. My last ride had only one set at each end and I never had any trouble. I only mention this for your info.

Barry
  • barry wrote:
    Jay you are correct, the motor and radiator are cross flow. Another thing to consider, most air bag systems have a regulator and guage for each end of the car, when hard cornering, the bags with the pressure depress and the bags on the other side tend to extend as the pressure is equalized. The perfect solution is a regulator and guage for each wheel. My last ride had only one set at each end and I never had any trouble. I only mention this for your info.
    Barry

Thanks for the tip Barry!

Jay
This discussion has been closed.