LS1 electrical

Unknown
edited November -1 in Street Rods
Chaz, I used Street and Preformance in Mena Ark for a eng. wiring harness and they will reprogram your old computer to fit your application. They furnish great tech. support. The owner put me on LS1's. He loves them. There are probably other good sources as well.

Barry

Comments

• barry wrote:
    Chaz, I used Street and Preformance in Mena Ark for a eng. wiring harness and they will reprogram your old computer to fit your application. They furnish great tech. support. The owner put me on LS1's. He loves them. There are probably other good sources as well.
    Barry

Barry, do you mind if I ask how much that ran you? Someone here quoted $1,800 here for a custom made harness.

Jay
  • Jay,The harness was $795 and reprograming the computer was $250

Barry
  • mrsbojigger
    mrsbojigger Senior Contributor
    Barry,
    I have delt with Street and Performance before. You are correct, they are very helpful. I just purchased their A/C compressor bracket and will be purchasing other parts from them in the near future. They will probably do the computer reprograming for me. I don't think much will change since when I purchased the engine/trans combo, I also got ALL of the wiring both from the engine compartment and from the inside of the vehicle including all the instruments which I will be using.
  • barry wrote:
    Jay,The harness was $795 and reprograming the computer was $250
    Barry

Thanks Barry, looks like I'll need to call them when I get to that point. I assume they can wire in stuff for DVD Players, Stereo, etc.
  • Jay, the wiring harness I quoted, is basically only the wiring from the computer to the motor, tranny and sensors etc. The fuse box and wiring kit for rest of the car came from Parr in O.K. City.

Barry
This discussion has been closed.