Stepdown gas tank sending unit gasket

Unknown
edited November -1 in HUDSON
Anyone know a source for the gasket for the pickup tube/sending unit for the '53-54 Hudson gas tanks? The ones I've tried to make seem to leak.

Comments

• EssexAdv
    EssexAdv Expert Adviser, Member
    AS I beleive, the gasket is the same as used on 1950's Fords. You might try one of the Ford Reproduction parts houses, like Macs, They might sell just the gasket. Check on Dave Sollons page. He has the listing for the correct sending unit. That number might help when dealing with the vendor. THe URL for Daves page can be found on the Links page at WWW.HudsonClub.org

Failing that, you need to use closed cell cork gasket material. If you use a sealer make sure it is one which can be used with constant gasoline exposure. If all else fails there is a silicon or RTV form-a-gasket which will eliminate the need for a gasket
  • Make sure that your pick-up tube is not hitting the bottom of the tank thereby preventing the base from making a solid contact with the tank. If there is any doubt about this, just use a little thicker cork gasket. There should not be a necessity to use any sealer on the gasket. Cliff Minard.
  • Ken Amman of the Hudson Club sells the gaskets.
  • Thanks, I'll contact Ken.
  • Beenbill Using A Cereal Box And A Pair Of Scissors For Years No Leaks
This discussion has been closed.