Who's still left?

Unknown
edited November -1 in HUDSON
Anybody still left out there from the early 70's? I was very active from '72 to '79 in the HET Club and helped host the Great Western Meet in Reno during several of those years. I'm just returning to my roots and have purchased a '52 Hornet Sedan. Drop a line if you remember those days. :D

Comments

• Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Welcome back, 'Back' (since I don't now your name!). I'm sure that there are many of us who were in the Club in those years as witness the astounding number of people awarded their 30-year H-E-T membership pins this year!
  • Thanks Jon, name's Larry Hewitt. I was in my teens/early 20s then. In fact, my first Hudson was a '52 Commordore 6 Sedan. Wouldn't mind finding it again, or the '52 Wasp Hollywood I once had. I see Bill Albright's on this forum, he was just starting back then. We once had 2 Italias as well as the X161 at the meet in Reno at the same time but I don't remember who owned them...great bunch of folks. There was a strong group who came up from So. Cal as well as another group from Bellingham, WA and that area. Hudsoning was still pretty specialized and we were still talking about reproducing the bronze distributor gear...goes to show you how long that's been. I would like to hear from folks from that time or know where some folks have gone. Thanks everyone!
  • Nevada Hudson
    Nevada Hudson Senior Contributor
    Well,

you can return to Reno July 25-29th 2005 for our National meet !
  • hI lARRY, YOUR OLD BUDDY BILL ALBRIGHT HERE STILL AT IT AND REMEMBER YOU WELL I HAVE COUGHT UP WITH YOU AND HAVE PUT AS MANY TOGETHER AS YOU AND MIKE TORE UP LOL albrighthudsons @ msn.com
  • hudsontech
    hudsontech Senior Contributor
    Hi Larry,

I've been agitating everybody since 1971 - there's quite a few of us 'old folks' still kicking tires and spreading lies - only now we got 30 years experience at the lies. LOL

As Wandering Jon B says - welcome back. It's always great to see folks returning to the family. Be looking fwd to meeting you somewhere down the line.

Hudsonly,

Alex Burr

New England Chapter

(PS My Aunt Hester says hello and welcome back too).
  • Being I live in So Cal, I went to meet Bill for the first time yesterday at his shop. All I can say is wow... I couldn't believe all the great cars and parts. I still have tears in my eyes! I bought a nice set of hubcaps and tissue dispenser (for the tears). Even thou Bill had never met me, he gave me a grand tour and took the time to answer my newbie Hudson questions. He also signed me up to the Hudson club. I certainly recommend Bill for anything one needs for their Hudson. If any of you are ever in Southern California, definately make time to see the candy store- Thanks Bill! Niels Pedersen
  • Bill, good to hear from you...you know that all of those stepdowns we took apart back in the 70's donated a good many parts to keep others alive! I'm glad we had the foresight to save parts when most Hudsons were crusher hunting. Well, foresight wasn't really what was going on...we were just having too much fun!!!

Glad I'm back Hudsoning, going to restore the '52 Hornet. Been through many a car since and I still have a real soft spot for Hudson.

Looking for the Twin H emblem for the trunk and the carb linkage all the way down to the gas pedal. Can anyone help?

Thanks for all the replies guys! Larry
  • K-Gap sell a repro Twin H Power emblem for the trunk for $50
  • Uncle Josh
    Uncle Josh Senior Contributor
    Bought my first Hudson, a 49 Super Six in Jun/55 just out of Broome Tech, Binghamton, NY. Wrecked it in Sep. Got another a year later for $100 and put over 70K on it over the next 8 yrs. Drove a 52 Hornet with over 200K on it for a couple of years. Thought all the Hudsons were gone and didn't know about the HET club until I met Jack Miller enroute home from Springfield in the early 90s. Bought a 49 C in 98 and restored it. Currently have 36T, 49C and 52H on the road and 47HPU in resto and 40 8Cp, 46HPU, waiting and a 39CC for sale. Plus 3 parts cars and a couple on the string. I've caught the disease...again.
  • thankxs Neils for the accolades. it is just what i do naturally. Hey larry is it the same 52 i sold you a few years back? you guys can email me directly at albrighthudsons@msn.com
  • Yes, Bill it's the same one. It just waited patiently in the side yard until I really got the bug back to fix her up. Of course, you know that cars can sit in Nevada almost forever and don't deteriorate.
  • oldhudsons
    oldhudsons Senior Contributor
    Would be eligible for a 40 yr. HET Club pin if such was given.

Worked at Hudson dealership in '53-4, drove my 1st Hudson, a '49 S6 cp., to college from '55 to '57. Joined Club I believe in '62, have had well over 100 Hudsons from '13 to '54.

Attended all the Western Regionals in conjunction with Harrah's Swap Meets in Reno.

Will be at National there this year.

Have 3 Hudsons now, all pre-war.
This discussion has been closed.