Disc brakes '40 coupe

Unknown
edited November -1 in Street Rods
Could someone tell me what's involved in changing over to disc brakes for a '40 Hudson coupe and price range, or what rims would fit the drum brakes besides the originals til I gather up some cash to do it.

Comments

• BigSky
    BigSky Senior Contributor
    Check with Bill Labud (sp?) in florida i believe. He does them for 41 and up and had found them able to do for a 37 in the past. He may just be able to do one for the 40 without much modificaitons. I have seen his add in the recent Modified Hudson Club newsletter.

Otherwise you can go with fatman fabs complete front kits.

Good luck!
  • Husker Nation wrote:
    Check with Bill Labud (sp?) in florida i believe. He does them for 41 and up and had found them able to do for a 37 in the past. He may just be able to do one for the 40 without much modificaitons. I have seen his add in the recent Modified Hudson Club newsletter.

Otherwise you can go with fatman fabs complete front kits.

Good luck!

Can you tell me more about the "Modified Hudson Club" and it's newsletter? I didn't know there was a seperate club for modified Hudsons.

Thanks in advance!
  • ndustrl wrote:
    Can you tell me more about the "Modified Hudson Club" and it's newsletter? I didn't know there was a seperate club for modified Hudsons.

Thanks in advance!

Herb:

The modified Hudson group is not a seperate club. It is more like a special interest group within the HET, like the Jet group and the Kenosha group. Burt Schultz puts out a newsletter 4 time a year and I believe they meet at the National every year.

Burt does a great job at this, but is having a hard time with articles and keeping members in the group. The members of this board would be a great help to Burt to keep the newsletter moving forward. I believe this is Burt's email (drop the X's) XXXhudsonut@streetracing.com.
  • BigSky
    BigSky Senior Contributor
    I just checked the most recent WTN club newsletter from July/Aug and it has an email for Burt of XXXhudsonnut@hotmail.com (drop the X's). Unfortunatley, I had already read and tossed my most recent Hudson Modified newsletter, but if you cant get ahold of him just drop me a private message and I will gather the info.

Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.