Sacto.Ca NSRA Event Pictures of a Neat Hudson

rambos_ride
rambos_ride Senior Contributor
edited November -1 in Street Rods
I found these on a post at Hotrodders.Com thought I'd share them - I like the look!

low.jpg
hudsonfrnt.jpg
hudsonrear.jpg

Comments

• I agree, I like the look too. I've always thought the '42-47 bodies were a bit too tall looking.
  • bigboy308
    bigboy308 Expert Adviser
    This car was @ the Sacramento National in 1993. Car has been chopped 4", CHANNELED 4" and SECTIONED 4"!! I have a picture of it with a stock '47 Brougham alongside-- about 12'difference in height. ( Wheels, suspension, maybe?). Believe it was mounted on a Monte Carlo frame. I saw the car about a year ago, had been painted pearlescent color, air-brushed, etc. didn't look nearly as good as in Black. Car was in Bay area (as stocker) for many years- I "lusted" after it, bought a '49 SuperSix ClCp from the owner instead. Oh, well---
  • I really like that old Hudson, also like the 41-47 Cad and Buick Sedanet, I have a friend putting a 47 Cad Sedanet on a Chevy Caprice cop car chassis with a LT1 in it.

Barry
  • I like this one as well. Especially since the hood has been sectioned! Clean looking stance.
  • rambos_ride
    rambos_ride Senior Contributor
    Hudson308 wrote:
    Except for the ride height, this car now has the exact proportions of the advertisement renderings seen in magazine ads of the day!

Except for the 1pc windscreen!

It's funny when you look at any of automobile ads (probably into the 60's) that were hand rendered by artists that the profiles of the cars were longer and lower than in real life.

I think they were trying to get us ready for the "air-cars" we are supposed to be driving now!
This discussion has been closed.