1933 Essex KT Deluxe 8

2»

Comments

• More research bearing fruit. Thanks for the bumper info Mike. Looks like the front and rear bumper on other 33's were very similar. The front bumper on this car has no down flare and is rather plain. I'm assuming it is a later addition. Someone mentioned they might have been swapped front to rear but now I'm not convinced that was the case. any input?
  • Carl Weber 508-695-6592. Hudson654@aol.com North Attleboro,MA
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    The serial number -- or at least the first 3 digits -- generally tell the story of which model, in Hudsons.  As to the build sheets....sorry.  All that stuff went into the dumpster when Nash and Hudson merged to form AMC
  • I don't think from what I can see that yours is a deluxe. The deluxe would have external horns, which attach to the headlight stand. I don't see that difference on your headlight stand in the back seat. Also, the deluxe would have two ashtrays in the dash, at the far left and far right. You didn't show a picture of the dash so I can't verify from that. Your rear bumper looks correct. They do not swap front to back even with the correct bumper bars. I will get you a price for a headlight stand. Take me a couple of days. If you haven't joined the HET Club yet, you should do so. Go to www.hetclub.org to join. Here is a picture of my '33
  • Thanks. Yes, Not a Deluxe. Seller had me on a bubble and was blowing hot air. Or maybe just didn't know. Still content with the purchase. I'll standby for the price. Going to try and light it up tonight....
  • Very Nice Ride, BTW...
  • And I joined last week, Thanks for all the input.
  • Also, join the Terraplane Seven group on Facebook. We cover a lot of 33 Terraplane questions and answers there.
  • Barefutn - please send me an email address or phone number on the private mail on this system and I will contact you about your headlight stand. Thanks  Mike Sheridan
  • Barefutn - Are you there? Please send me a private message.
  • Barefutn - I got your email address off of your profile. I will send you an email there.
  • More pics...
  • Here she is after a modest cleanup. Bought tires that will arrive next week. Need Headliner and top. Floor rubber or carpets. Drivers side headlight stand. Drivers side spare tire mount. Looks like a repaint in spite of what the seller told me. There's too much evidence to the contrary including overspray in some key locations and a spare cover that is still the same color as the undercoat. Original color looks like sun tan. Looks as though they lost the drivers side spare tire mount and had the car repainted with only  one of the spare covers painted this new blue. I need the drivers side spare tire mount if anyone knows of one or is familiar with a fab company that does them. Also, does anyone know if I can restore the original paint?