Hudson Terraplane parts

Hi I am new to this Forum I am the proud owner of a 1938 Hudson Terraplane the I am based in Dublin Ireland. I was wondering if anyone on here could help me I am trying to get a pair of fender skirts and an external sunvisor for my car and if possible a front grill Hudson badge. 

Comments

• Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Welcome to the Open Forum, Fionn! Because 1938 was a recession year in American, there tend to be many fewer cars from 1938 than from other years in that era -- whether they be Fords, Chevrolets or Terraplanes!  So you have a rarity.

I suggest you see the discussion by Joe Gleydura in the Open Forum, about reproduction fender skirts:  https://openforum.hetclub.org/discussion/172818/37-38-fender-skirts-available  Generally, these repro skirts do not come with the chrome nameplate, but used nameplates will pop up from time to time on Ebay.

I don't know if you're in the H-E-T Club, but if not you might want to consider joining.  It's invaluable when looking for parts, technical advice or just nice fellow members who own cars like yours.  The homepage is here: https://www.hetclub.org/   The Club runs two forums (this is one) and a Facebook page and prints a beautiful magazine every other month, and has members worldwide.  In fact we have a member with a '38 Hudson "112" just up in Belfast. 
  • Fionn
    Fionn Member
    Thank you for your comments they are very helpful I am only assuming that my Hudson Terraplane inline 6 is s 1938 it was made in Brentford England and is RHD the paperwork that came with it says it is a 1939 but from what I am told is that Hudson ceased making Terraplanes in 1938 can you assist me in verifying these facts. Thank you

• Geoff
    Geoff Senior Contributor
      It is possible your car has the small bore engine that was produced exclusively for the British market.  There is no way to tell from the outside as  far as I know.  British and Australian assembled Hudsons had "left-over" cars from various model years, so it is hard to tell what you car exactly is unless you give us the serial number, or better yet, ad photo.   Welcome the Hudson World.
  • PaulButler
    PaulButler Administrator
    Fionn, as Geoff says , pictures always help :) .

Also a simple way of checking is by looking at the VIN number, that will tell you the year. If it starts '89' then you have a 1938 112 for example.

As you say Hudson had a factory in Brentford and shipped many cars over pre-war to be assembled over here (I'm UK based by the way and have had a few RHD Hudsons)