Freeway driving in a prewar car

2»

Comments

• railknight
    railknight Expert Adviser
    25truck, nice photos and thanks for posting them here!  So "The Grapes of Wrath" 1926 Hudson has gone through two conversions from a passenger car to a truck (for the movie) and now to a racing car.  I would still prefer to see in its movie form, but at least it somewhat survives and admittedly it looks pretty good in its racer styling.
  • Old Fogey UK
    Old Fogey UK Expert Adviser
      I think the truck  in the opening credits of the Beverly Hillbillies has survived somewhere. I wonder what make that was ?
    That show was really popular with us English kids back in the 60s - Grandma sitting on top in a rocking chair and Jethro driving the truck. Happy days !
    My wife still refers to swimming pools as cee-ment ponds !
  •   I think the truck  in the opening credits of the Beverly Hillbillies has survived somewhere. I wonder what make that was ?
    That show was really popular with us English kids back in the 60s - Grandma sitting on top in a rocking chair and Jethro driving the truck. Happy days !
    The Ralph Foster Museum's best known exhibit is a cut-down 1921 Oldsmobile Model 46 Roadster, the truck used in the original Beverly Hillbillies TV series. It was a Bicentennial gift to the museum by the show's producer, Paul Henning, who grew up nearby. Generations of fans have had snapshots of themselves taken in the battered front seat, in front of a large photo of Uncle Jed, Granny, Jethro, and Ellie May Clampett, Mr. Drysdale and Miss Hathaway. You only sit in the truck, however, if you pay the student at the cash register ten bucks to take your picture. After driving all of the way out here, how can you say no?
  • Old Fogey UK
      I think the truck  in the opening credits of the Beverly Hillbillies has survived somewhere. I wonder what make that was ?
    The Ralph Foster Museum's best known exhibit is a cut-down 1921 Oldsmobile Model 46 Roadster, the truck used in the original Beverly Hillbillies TV series. It was a Bicentennial gift to the museum by the show's producer, Paul Henning, who grew up nearby. Generations of fans have had snapshots of themselves taken in the battered front seat, in front of a large photo of Uncle Jed, Granny, Jethro, and Ellie May Clampett, Mr. Drysdale and Miss Hathaway. You only sit in the truck, however, if you pay the student at the cash register ten bucks to take your picture. After driving all of the way out here, how can you say no?
    Thanks for the information.
    How could I ever have forgotten Miss Hathaway ??
  • Old Fogey UK
    Thanks, Richard !