49\' Hudson Engine Serial Number

Unknown
edited November -1 in HUDSON
I swear I remember someone posting (or replying to a post) the location of the engine serial number on the engine block. Can't remember where or when but if anyone out there can tell me where to find this number on the block of a 49' flathead six I would be eternally grateful. It will save a lot of time cleaning undercoating (55 yrs. old).

Comments

• The motor # is on the front of block Pass side. Motor and serial # are the same. B.K. TN.
  • I've had a pretty good look at the area you describe but unless those numbers are very small (or just under the intake/exhaust manifolds) I still can't find them. I have uncovered some raised characters just in front of the distributor midway on the driver's side. These characters are "000007" next line..."CMC", next line...a"1". Does this make any sense? Ed A.
  • I believe those are the casting numbers. CMC is the company that cast the block, I think. What you're looking for is a small raised flat area on the block (shouldn't be hidden behind anything like the manifold!) with a number stamped into it. Try looking just under the joint with the cyl. head.
  • CWC stands for the Campbell, Wyant & Cannon Foundry Co., which was founded in 1908 and made Hudson blocks.

Tim in WI.
  • The # is on the side between the front edge of block and the manifold. If no # may have had a new short block or engine replacement. B.K. TN.
This discussion has been closed.