My 27 Hudson

Nice to hear from you again Paul. Paul was a big help to me a few years back in trying to locate engine parts for my '27 Hudson with an 'F' Head engine. By luck, he had an extra engine that he was willing to part with.

Paul, since the last time we met, I havn't done much other than to dream that day would come would I would have my car put together. I have most if not all of the parts, but it's just finding time to do the work. I am one of those types of people that likes to do all of it himself within reason.

What I have done thus far is to remove the body and all of the running gear from the chasis. I then sand blasted the frame and primered and painted the frame with a special black chasis paint. I have taken the springs apart, bead blasted the smaller leaves that I can fit in my bead blaster in preparation for paint. But now, with your latest information, I may just go ahead and do as you suggested.

I not afraid to admit that I am a novice but an firm in completing this project no matter how long it takes. I think it is a great idea that you have started this site and I hope more peole join in.

Anyway, tomorrow I will begin working on the project some more. I have taken one wooden spoke wheel apart, marked the spokes so I know in which order to return them, but haven't decided on whether I want to paint the spokes black or varnish them. Anyway that where I am at the present.

See you, Rick Gatling

OKGAT@AOL.COM
This discussion has been closed.