NEED: stainless shelves for 2-door stepdown

Unknown
edited November -1 in HUDSON
I need/want four SS shelves for my 54 Hollywood!!

Maybe that the SS shelves off a Commodore or Hornet (2-door stepdown) will fit the 54 Hollywood!? May be that the ones off a 2-dr car are too long, but if that is the case they might be modified to fit!?

Did any of the 51 - 53 Hollywood's have the SS shelving?? If so, will they interchange to the 54 Hollywood? Are they the same length and width??

Anyone know the inside scoop on this possibility of interchange?

If you have a set for sale, I'm interested in a set of 4 (2 for the doors and the read side panels).

Put your contact info here and I will contact you.

Thanks; John

Comments

• Uncle Josh
    Uncle Josh Senior Contributor
    Shelves? All my shelves are loaded with Hudson parts. Might want to explain. I've driven Hudsons off and on for 50 yrs and this term is a new one on me.
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Maybe he means the stainless steel trim that forms the recessed arm rest in each of the doors?
  • This is the terminology used in the Hudson Master Parts catalogue 48-54. They are referred to as "Molding-Door Pocket Shelf" sounds strange but there you have it. Don't know about interchange but if you want I can pull the part numbers for you.
  • Yes, a fantastic idea.

Here's thanking you in advance.

John
  • Taking a look at my parts book and model list that shows the interior for 51-54 the SS pocket shelf was not offered for 54. I have a picture of the interior of a 2 dr. Hollywood for 54 and the interior is different from the 48-52 that had the SS pocket shelf.
  • nEVER HEARD OF A 54 4 DOOR HOLLYWOOD. IF YOU HAVE A 54 4 DR SEDAN YOU CAN USE THE EALIER STAINLESS SHELVES. HAVE SEVERAL SETS, YOU WILL NEED THE ASHTRAYS ALSO THE 54 DOORS HAVE CUTOUTS FOR THESE, NO DIFFERENT THAN EARLIER MODELS, BILL ALBRIGHT
  • Should Of Read More Carefully. Wondered Why You Needed 4 The Coupe And Hollywood Two Doors From 51 To 54 Will Fit Also Converts Are The Same, Bill A.
  • Thanks for the feedback: The two rear shelves are ~ 19 1/4" long, interior side.

The two door shelves are ~ 36", interior side.

So, now if someone has the 2-door SS shlvs (48-52) will check front/rear lengths

& depths and give me some lengths and depths maybe I could adapt them to put

onto my car; maybe not, but if they will work, it would be nice to have the four.

ALSO, I'd appreciate it if someone who has a 54 Hollywood would measure the

shelving dimensions for the doors and rear shelfs and give dimensions to me

(as mine car is all to pcs now), this would serve as a guide for me to make a set

in case it comes to that option.

THANKS a bunch, fellows! John
  • Uncle Josh
    Uncle Josh Senior Contributor
    Waal, by chowder, ya learn sumpthin every day.
This discussion has been closed.