Daytona spring swapmeet and car show

Unknown
edited November -1 in HUDSON
After two days of visiting, today two Hudsons were observed, a '54 Hornet and a yellow '46-47? There was also a very nice looking Hudson Jet behind a fence for sale (no price on the card). Probably 2500-3000+ cars there with AMC one of the featured and the Hudsons were right along the same area.

Comments

• 2500 cars - 2 Hudsons. Sad, very, very sad. Makes you wonder if Hudson owners are ashamed of their cars.
  • Well, a few more possibly came in later. This is mostly a rod show (more so in the fall) and if you needed anything chevy or ford, it was there.
  • I spent some time at the Fall Turkey Run in Daytona last year and with over 5000 cars attending only found two Hudsons (probably the same two). Spoke with several people about the lack of Hudsons and the general opinion was that most Hudsons are restored, not rodded and that folks don't realise that the show is for restorations also.
  • Good point, the show is indeed not just for rods and customs and this weeekend there were many many originals and normal restorations. Whole lineup of AMCs, Cougars, other clubs cars. I rarely look at the rods but managed to take maybe 60-70 photos of just those cars I was interested in and any particularly unique customs. 3 Hudsons, 3 Packards, no Kaisers other than two Henry Js does leave a void. All the cars I saw this weekend, there had to be over 1000 of the non-rod type. The November Turkey Run does appear to promote rods more so, but they in the last couple of years took rod out of the title. I think you are right, that the two Hudsons I saw yesterday were the ones there in the fall but I believe there may have been one or two more come in late. But overall, not many orphan cars there. One Edsel in bad shape all I saw.
This discussion has been closed.