29 Hudson Police Car

Hello Everyone!

I have returned home to Colorado after a long trip retrieving my 29 cop car.  This car is way cool.  Most of you saw it while it was listed on eBay, but for those of you that didn't it is mostly all original.  There have been a few mods under the hood, but other than painting black over the white stars on the front doors, the black paint with green trim around the windows and down the belt line with cream pinstriping is all there, though needing replacement.  The green mohair interior is all there, but also in need of restoration/replacement.

The wooden top bows are tight as can be and the doors shut like a vault.  The wooden spokes in the wheel hubs are also all tight!  I believe I'm quite fortunate!

I have a few basic questions that will reflect my ignorance, but please give me time, I'm an enthusiastic learner.

The engine compartment is a bit modified.  It now has an electric fuel pump, a second or auxillary generator, which may have been added by the Chicago Police Department (the original owner) and the distributor has been replaced with a slightly newer model without the manually adjusted spark advance.  The Marvel Heat Control System casting is quite cracked, but the inner intake chamber tube is intact.  Where can I find such parts/assemblies besides eBay and what color were they originally?  I need an original distributor and cable, a new heat riser and flex-tube, and did Hudson offer headlights other than the Parabeam?  My car has Tilt Ray's, but they are the same size and shape as the Parbeams.  What color was the engine and was the valve cover simply a polished casting?

I'm sure I'll have plenty more to ask, but I'll limit this posting to these few. 

Thank you for allowing me to join the group.  I truly look forward to restoration and DRIVING my cop car.

Kindest regards to all,

Don Shank

Who now offers the original (green) mohair interior fabric and what other colors did Hudson offer?

Is anyone interested in seeing some pics?  If so I'll post a few for all.   Are any of you in Colorado?

This discussion has been closed.