Lead on 1937 Terraplane convertible for sale

Jon B
Jon B Administrator
edited November -1 in HUDSON
A 1937 Super Terraplane model 72 convertible brougham (full back seat, removable quarter window) is currently for sale, a car once owned by a late H-E-T member. The car is in excellent (but not number 1) shape but has not run for 3 or 4 years due to some quirk of fate. It was bought and sold two or three times since the H-E-T member's passing, and is currently owned by a gentleman in Pennsylvania who apparently purchased it as an investment. His original $50,000 asking price has been steadily dropping, however, and is now down to the low thirties. Moreover, the seller appears motivated and the price could continue to head south. This might be a golden opportunity for someone who has considered purchasing such a vehicle in the past, to make a serious cash offer and obtain the car at a bargain. Supposedly, the car loses its storage space at the end of this month.

I have no interest, financial or otherwise, in the vehicle (inasmuch as one '37 Terraplane convertible is already enough to occupy every one of my waking hours!).

I am being kept aware of the situation by a gentleman who may himself wish to buy the car, but if he opts not to buy it in the next few days I will gladly pass along all the information to any Hudson enthusiast who wants to e-mail me, expressing his interest.

Jon Battle

HETdetailed@verizon.net (delete the HET before mailing)

PS -- THIS CAR HAS BEEN SOLD, AS OF MAY, 2005

Comments

• bob ward
    bob ward Senior Contributor
    And if you don't like this one, there is another for sale on collectorcartraderonline.com in St Louis MO for a piddling 95k
This discussion has been closed.