The 29 Comes to life again, well, sorta . . .

For any of you following the long running saga of my 1929 Town Sedan project, there is a bit of good news. After two days work, the car is back running again.

The gas tank had been removed and sent through the ReNue process and a new gas gauge sending unit installed. Here the project stalled for months awaiting scheduling. Thanks to my friends Jim & Bill Headly, we now have the gas tank reinstalled.

The car still wouldn't run and we isolated the electric fuel pump as being the culpret. It has now been bypassed and the vacuum tank that Geoff overhauled when he was here has been installed.

After initially priming the tank with gas, the motor fired almost immediately and ran very sweetly indeed. The car has a lovely exhuast note too, something it never had before Geoff worked on it. Thanks Geoff, it was a, ahem, "gas" just listining to it!

Sadly all is not entirely well in Hudsonland. Our attempts to reinstall the bumper, luggage rack & taillight stalks came to nought. We have been unsuccessfull in reinstalling the right side taillight stalk. It is just a left side one reversed and rewelded and has to fit in an area we can't see or feel. We spent something like TWO HOURS on this one little bolt.

Right now, I'm inclined to have one more go at it and if we can't install it, the tank will have to come back out (at least part way for clearance) and the second taillight will be removed. I think the safety considerations of the second taillight are dubious and the non authenticity factor is large.

If anybody can think of some helpful hocus-pocus, please speak up. I may have another day at this, but will have to put the whole thing back together soon. Monsoon season is just around the corner!

Paul
This discussion has been closed.