1938 Terraplane Engine Compartment

Unknown
edited November -1 in HUDSON
Hello everyone,

I need a little help with the reassembly of my 1938 Terraplane. When I purchased the car it was pretty much unassembled so now I am trying to put it all back together again and it’s about 90% finished except for some confusion about the engine compartment and front grill. On the left and right side of the engine compartment there is a piece of sheet metal that attaches to the fender and then the frame. On the left site (the side I have) the battery sits, and on the right side? I do not have the right side piece and I would like to get a pic of what it’s suppose to look like if possible. It would be really great if I could get a pic of the front, left and right side’s of the engine compartment. I purchased the original professional shop manual (the dark leather covered one) and it goes into great detail about everything EXCEPT this. I also live in California about 2 hours from Bill Albright in Fontana so I am thinking he might have what I need, so if you have his contact info that would save me some searching too but I would LOVE to get a few pics of a complete compartment.

Thanks

Cole

Comments

• Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    Bill's address is HETalbrighthudsons@msn.com (delete HET before mailing).

Another thought -- though maybe you've done this -- would be to check your H-E-T roster (assuming you're in the Club) for Calif. and find someone with such a car. They may be willing to allow you to look at and photograph their engine compartment. (You might have additional questions as well, which a look at their car could answer).
  • Jon,

Thanks!

Yes I am a member of the club :) I called Bill and I am going to have to drive out there and look in his lot. I was hoping to avoid this as it's raining like crazy here. Last time I went to see him it was raining too and I had to crawl in mud and grass looking over the old hulks in his graveyard, but I am going to suck it up and make the pilgrimage to Fontana again any pay tribute to the "Hudson Gods" and crawl through the mud and slime again. Thats dedication for ya!!!
  • Update.... God Bless Bill Albright!!!! He had my part and many more :) It was a very good parts salvage trip. On another note everyone may want to say a prayer for Bill as I do not think he is feeling very will. My best wishes and eternal gratitude goes out to him. Oh yes I almost forgot. JON, Bill said hello!
This discussion has been closed.