Fw: New Member from South of England

On Tuesday, November 3, 2015 10:37 PM, alan wise <miceracs@yahoo.com> wrote:

Subject: new member from South of England
Date: 3 November 2015 22:20:24 GMT

I have a 1927 Essex Super Six Sedan, manufactured in Croydon, England and exported to Uruguay which is why it has metal spoke wheels.
something to do with feeding the termites&Brought back to England around 1980
Just completing a 3 year restoration project following big end bearing failure. Car not had a good life which was high lighted once the engine was opened..
This has truly been a world wide restoration, Engine base was beyond economical repair. Managed to source a replacement from Sweden,
gearbox and clutch housing from New Zealand, Half shafts, rear wheel hubs from Australia and new dash board complete with all dials, speedo from USA.
I love the internet !
Re upholstered, all wheels re spoked and rims where needed, new petrol tank in stainless steel and converted to 12v.
and replaced the oil clutch with a dry cork version.

At least now I have a vehicle that should be reliable and ready for those weddings it was purchased for.

I now have a garage full with various spares. and I still have a full set of wheels coming from Australia, as these are very hard to get with the cone centres.

happy driving everybody. 

roggieuk, we will need to meet up. Im in West Sussex.  (alan@harvestmarketing.co.uk)

Photo 25-11-2014 11 44 52.jpegIMG_6581.jpeg

This discussion has been closed.