History of my 1928 Australian Essex

Hi,

I wonder if the members might be able to help me? Last year, here in the UK, I bought a December 1928 Essex 5 seater phaeton. Thanks to Geoff Clark, (the Essex guru in New Zealand) I've found out the following. It was imported into Australia as a chassis by Dalgety and Co. Ltd and the body was built in Australia, possibly by Smith and Waddington. I know it was in the UK in 2004, painted dark green with black wings and lighter green wheels. It also had a front bumper and the correct headlamps then too. Between then and now, the front bumper has gone earlier headlamps have been fitted.. I don't mind, I'm not a "rivet counter".

The chassis number is 927269, a series 2, December 1928. The engine number is 423315, which guru Geoff tells me is a couple of years older than the car, and was probably replaced many years ago when it was cheaper to fit another engine than to have one rebuilt.

I know nothing of the cars past before 2004. I don't even know when it was imported into the UK. The car must have been well cared for during its life, which gives me hope that someone in Australia may know a bit about it. Thanks in advance for any help you might be able to give.

I have also sent this E mail to the President and the Webmaster of the Hudson HET Club of Australia, but haven't had any replies.

Best regards,

Roger Filer.

This discussion has been closed.