fuel line material

2manyprojects
2manyprojects Expert Adviser
need to run a metal fuel line front to back. have been told use steel or copper line. what have you used with success ? thanks

Comments

• Glowplug
    Glowplug Expert Adviser
    These people are great source for the easy to bend and fit fuel line material.  https://store.fedhillusa.com/38fuelhydraulicline.aspx
  • Rocket
    Rocket Senior Contributor
    NEVER USE COPPER LINES FOR FUEL IN A LOT OF STATES IT IS AGAINST THE LAW.
  • 2manyprojects
    i was told copper would never use it.
  • bob ward
    bob ward Senior Contributor
    5/16" steel
  • Geoff
    Geoff Senior Contributor
    Still have the original copper ones in my  1928 Essex, never had problems.
  • I use conifer tubing. It is a softer material than steel, and is easier to bend. It was designed to be used for fuel and brake lines, and comes in all the popular sizes, just like the steel lines. My second choice would be steel. Many of the auto parts stores that I frequent have replaced their steel tubing with conifer. It has an almost nickel plated look to it that I like as well.
  • 2manyprojects
    there is no line present front to back . so should i use  5/16th? 1938 country club 8. thanks
  • Cooper otiginal from Hudson 1934 eIGHT sEDAN
  • Rocket
    Rocket Senior Contributor
    Sorry about the wrong information on copper lines Paul it is what happens when you start ageing any way it is the brake lines that should never be made out of copper I looked up the law as for me I had all my lines fuel and brake lines made out of stainless steel never have to worry about rust.
  • there is no line present front to back . so should i use  5/16th? 1938 country club 8. thanks
    Yes, 5/16.
  • 2manyprojects
    thanks everyone