Hudson Wheel interchange

Unknown
edited November -1 in HUDSON
Is there a modern replacement for the Old 52 Hornet rim that can still be purchased brand new. I do not mind if the rim is half inch wider for the radial type tire. Does anyone know what could be used and purchase over the counter from a place like NAPA.

Thanks

Comments

• I believe that hudsons have a 5 on 4.5 bolt bolt pattern, which is the same as most RWD AMC, Ford and Chrysler cars

You should be able to get wheels at almost any Junkyard
  • EssexAdv
    EssexAdv Expert Adviser, Member
    Problem with the wheels mentioned is that they do not have the hole for the locating pin. YOu can go to a supplier and get a uni-lug wheel. IT has both the 4.5 and 5" hole pattern. Thess SHOULD have a lug hole which lines up with the locator pin. The pin won't be much good for locating, but using theis methosd you will not have to cut off the lug.

Also, don't use Chrysler wheels the lug hole is designed for a smaller nut. The Hudson lug bolt won't fit properly
  • We bought a set of Lincoln mag wheels for our 51 Hornet convertible. Drilled the pilot hole in them for the guide pin. Worked great. These are the older rear wheel drive Lincoln wheels.
  • Do you have any pictures of thoe lincoln wheels on your hudson? I had been thinking about ford LTD wagon wheels.
  • Chrysler wheels through '64 or '65 have the guide pin holes generally. This gives you a wide range of possibilities. Ford LTD wheels will fit if it is not the oddball that used the 5 on 5 pattern.
This discussion has been closed.