Experiences of Painless 10102 wiring kit?

Hienkel429
Hienkel429 Member
edited February 2021 in HUDSON
Anyone use one of these kits to rewire your car?  ( I have a 51 Hornet sedan) 
What was your experience?
Where'd you put your fuse block?  

I know Rhode Island or YnZ and all... but wanting to go 12v, AC, and easier fusing without the 1k+ price tag.  
Just need something to do till its warm enough to do more paint work.  lol

Thanks, 

Ray

Comments

• 50C8DAN
    50C8DAN Senior Contributor
    edited February 2021
    I have used painless for my '67 Firebird but that was a direct drop in.  I am doing a rodded '58 Studebaker truck and will use one of the generic ones, maybe Painless, or one of the even better ones.  You will need to match up what you need from one of their selections.  It will just be a bit harder as you will not have color coded wiring that matches the original.  Personally, for a Hudson using a RI or YnZ is way easier (color codes, wire length, terminals, etc), and if you are going 12V there it is a no brainer as the 6V wiring is heavier that needed for a 12V system.
  • I’ve used after market harness for 12 volt conversion from Kwik-wire and they worked great. The harness comes complete with a fuse box attached. And a built in kill switch. All wires are labeled and extras for a/c,electric fuel pump,electric fans, and other accessories. I put one in my 46 Hudson pickup with the fuse panel mounted on the left side. I put one in my 40 Hupmobile and mounted it in the middle of firewall under the dash. They can also be mounted on the passenger side kick panel where there is more room without the steering column being in the way. And they are made in USA.  I’ve looked at the cheaper ones from China, but no way..