Hudson twin h parts and more

2»

Comments

• bull_islander
    bull_islander Expert Adviser
    It sat there for decades but yet there is not enough time to spend a week to figure out if something of value is there. Yeah, right.
    and you are nearby and offering assistance...and yet a few get scrapped as no one spoke up.  And plenty of time to post messages here, but no time to reply to your email.
  • Deleted
    Deleted Member
    edited May 2021

These are all the pictures of the 4 door I got, snaps of a video he took. I’ll take some pictures myself of the convertible when I around the car . I don’t have a lot of free time so I couldn’t care less about pictures or pleasing anyone, the convertible is all I saved, it was the only thing worth enough to care about. 

I work my ass off everyday, I asked if anyone wanted the parts, 100$ ain’t worth my time to waste standing around waiting for someone to maybe show up. And pulling out a rusty engine for 300$ is a absolute joke of my time.

There was less then 0% chance for anyone to enter/see them. The scrap guy has worked with us before, he’s not a metal thief and trustworthy, we drug them out and he took them, I had aaa take the convertible.

As an PARTNER I can’t just take what I want.

when I’m around the car I’ll grab pictures, it sat for 100 years already, some more won’t hurt. The car in its condition is probably not worth even messing with so as I said (like always) I’m probably wasting my time.

It’s always the same story “hope someone saves it”, no end to antiques and history to “save”.

I’m not the savior of old rusty junk, I saved what I wanted end of story
  • Deleted
    Deleted Member
    And that took 5 minutes to post while on the John. I’ll post more pictures when I take them
  • Deleted
    Deleted Member
    The greed is real with some guys here. I’m young enough to know, old enough to not care. 
  • lostmind
    lostmind Expert Adviser
    This is getting really weird. I'm confused why this was posted originally , if the poster didn't want to spend time on them?
  • Deleted
    Deleted Member
    edited May 2021
    It sat there for decades but yet there is not enough time to spend a week to figure out if something of value is there. Yeah, right.
    I have nothing to prove to you, the point is moot get over yourself. It sat for decades but we bought the property last last year and are renovating the area they was in to lease. (you must not be able to read) I did the research and decided nothing was of particular value, I’m not a parts yard, I’m not storing old car parts you moron. I got the convertible and will either keep or sell whole. At this point I want to sell it but I CANT, I have no title and I’m not selling a potentially stolen car and getting my ass sued. I’ll figure it out when I can.  I think your mad because you wanted a free car/parts. I said what all I’m going to say.

my only interest now is to identify for certain what this car is and what it’s worth in its current state.

the VW were literally falling apart, the floor boards were gone, the wheels gone. The micro bus was a shell no doors, basic van no extra windows, broken glass.

move on buddy. And next time don’t be such an asshole sound good?
  • Deleted
    Deleted Member
    edited May 2021
    lostmind said:
    This is getting really weird. I'm confused why this was posted originally , if the poster didn't want to spend time on them?
    Please re-read the opening post, To see if anyone wanted the intake and some other parts. But that turned into a goat rope, now I just want a value on this convertible. I’m seeing 6 digit prices examples of restored ones, I’m hoping it’s worth 5 digits but who knows. We’ll see. 

Then I get these jokers getting an attitude with me over nothing, clearly I’m in the wrong place for what I’m asking. I’ll post a few pictures in the coming week when I can see the car to show I’m not a lier but after I’m not coming back, it’s been very welcoming around here.

I am secretive for good reason and the responses proved that. Mike Sheridan is a joke.
  • lostmind
    lostmind Expert Adviser
    edited May 2021
    I suggest this discussion should  be closed.

• 50C8DAN
    50C8DAN Senior Contributor
    edited May 2021
    I think we all have to remember that not everyone has the same appreciation of all things Hudson that we do.  Homebrew provided some information and unfortunately, it was not possible to act on it in time to save anything but perhaps one vehicle.  I understand in business there are timelines that need to be held to for contractural and other reasons and in this case, it did not pan out. Hopefully a '54 Wasp Covt. maybe saved and that is a good thing.  There are still a lot of derelict Hudsons around the country and there will be other opportunities to save some parts.
  • homebrewbob - You say you don't know what is there, so we ask for pictures. And you post a picture of the glove box door? Ha ha, ha ha, ha ha. If you were a partner in  a business you would be able to walk anyone you wanted in and out. I suspect you are a minimum wage flunky hired as a day laborer who hoped to make some extra money on the side. Any scrap dealer would have some place to stage things that might have higher than scrap value. They are usually smarter than you. Hey! You village called! They want their idiot back!
  • Deleted
    Deleted Member
    homebrewbob - You say you don't know what is there, so we ask for pictures. And you post a picture of the glove box door? Ha ha, ha ha, ha ha. If you were a partner in  a business you would be able to walk anyone you wanted in and out. I suspect you are a minimum wage flunky hired as a day laborer who hoped to make some extra money on the side. Any scrap dealer would have some place to stage things that might have higher than scrap value. They are usually smarter than you. Hey! You village called! They want their idiot back!
    Look in the mirror fella. I got nothing to prove to you and I definitely will not waste my time with your requests. Keep talking out of your ass. I never asked you to help me do anything. I never needed help moving or identifying the cars. We identified all of them and determined the values on spot already. I can walk anyone I want in or out that’s not an issue, the issue is you, I don’t know you and I would never jeopardize my relationship/reputation allowing you anywhere near anything I’m involved in and you’ve CLEARLY proven that yourself with the responses you gave here, i hope everyone on this forum sees the type of brat you are, your upset so cry to your mommy not me.

All my other toys are at home, I got no place for a rusted out car, I only kept the convertible to sell. I felt bad seeing those old parts (older then me) go to crush but I’ve seen plenty of old stuff go so it’s nothing new. I have a family and future to worry about not some rusty chrome. There is a rental tenant at the property that pre dates our arrival and is under contract, you think I’m gonna risk hundreds of thousands in lawsuits over some cars? Your high as a kite buddy. Your a cranky old man take your meds. 

My buddy tried to send me a video of the car but it wouldn’t work so he sent me those snaps because I asked him to, I’m not going to be inconsiderate to him and inconvenience him over some pictures for some asshat. 

Get over yourself and move on. Us adults are going to talk about this car now and we would prefer if you stayed out of it ok? Pretty please, with sugar on top.
  • Deleted
    Deleted Member
    50C8DAN said:
    I think we all have to remember that not everyone has the same appreciation of all things Hudson that we do.  Homebrew provided some information and unfortunately, it was not possible to act on it in time to save anything but perhaps one vehicle.  I understand in business there are timelines that need to be held to for contractural and other reasons and in this case, it did not pan out. Hopefully a '54 Wasp Covt. maybe saved and that is a good thing.  There are still a lot of derelict Hudsons around the country and there will be other opportunities to save some parts.
    Finally someone with some common sense. Thank you for being civil. Yes out of every car there that was the only one we found with any value, it’s rough and may not pan out for me but it’s not going to crush. I’ll post some nice pictures when I can, I don’t go to that side of town often and my buddy is also a busy man. When it lines up I’ll post some pics, it’s a cool car. The driver door had oil leaking from it so that’s why I asked if it’s common for them to have hydraulics, we thought it was aftermarket hot rod stuff or something.  After all who needs hydraulics for a window!
  • Deleted
    Deleted Member
    lostmind said:
    I suggest this discussion should  be closed.

At this point I might have to agree, or block Mike from comments in it, that would solve the issue
  • Deleted
    Deleted Member
    And to be clear, I asked in my op if anyone wanted the intake stuff because it looked like something rare and valuable that might be worth it for both party’s, I also asked if anyone had requests for parts to ask me and I’ll see if they are there/obtainable. I also said clearly that I had no interest in taking the car apart, I’m not a mechanic. I was talking about screw driver removal kinda parts. And then I get a few who are wanting the engine and transmission like Jesus I never was going to pull an engine or transmission for crying out loud. 

But this has degraded into a shit show now so it is what it is.

in a few months you’ll probably see this convertible on here with its new owner assuming I can legally sell it, that’s also why we scrap them, we’re not liable if something happens because we didn’t sell anything.