Automatic Floor shifters

Hello, Has anyone used American floor shifter kits? I still have a bench seat, I'm just wondering what shifting arm works best with my GM 400 trans. Thank you!


  • Ol racer
    Ol racer Senior Contributor
    Rather than install a floor shift I buy an adjustable & bendable Rod 'Kit' that one end connects to the GM Turbo Trans lever then the other connects to the Hudson Linkage at bottom if steer column. Then I buy a little adhesive shift indicator/pointer attached below steering wheel.  The Rod Kit with threaded Yokes, etc cost around $70. Ive installed three so far...

  • I have used them twice, one on my 29 Ford street rod and also on my 53 Hudson. Easy to install and modify,

  • Thank you!