Stepdown battery box

ernie28
ernie28 Expert Adviser
It appears that over the years past the battery box in my Pacemaker may have been modified and the cutouts where the clamp rods go are not readily accessible due to angle pieces welded on each end.
So what, if anything, should be on top of the battery box frame (as pictured) like a plate or the likes, or is the battery supposed to go just on top.
I have bought a new battery and can now use the correct battery clamp arrangement rather than what was on there.
Thanks in advance for your help.

Alistair

Comments

• There should be a tray that sits on top of that framework. Jason at Vintage Coach (909)-823-9168 should have one. Or Al Saffrahn in Arizona. 
  • ernie28
    ernie28 Expert Adviser
    Thank you. I suspected as much. I will try and adapt the one that was on there. Is there anything specific about the tray? Lips, brackets etc?
  • It had a lip all the way around it that was probably 1/2" tall, and I think there was a drain hole in one corner that you could attach a rubber hose to. I will see if I can find the one for the car I'm building tonight, and take a picture.
  • Here you go.
  • ernie28
    ernie28 Expert Adviser
    Many thanks. Will get done by the weekend all going well. 
  • I never knew there was a hose that could be attached , is it just kinda a run off for if the battery leaks?
  • I never knew there was a hose that could be attached , is it just kinda a run off for if the battery leaks?
    I think so, and a way for water to drain out, if any gets in there.