WTB 52 door hinge pins

I need the front door hinge pins or complete hinges. Working on a 4 door Super 6. They weren't loose or anything. They just snapped. I bought the car and as I was loading it up, the upper door pin just snapped. Looks like they were a little rusty and locked up. I'm afraid both front doors need attention. Back doors seem ok. 

Comments

• The problem with the hinge pins that Hudson used was that they were heat treated very  highly . That made them very durable but somewhat brittle. The fun part is removing the remains of a flush snapped off hinge pin on a hinge plate. FUN  with a capitol F if you know what I mean. Best substitute is to get a grade 8 bolt and turn it down on a lathe. works great.
  • Courtesy Man
    Courtesy Man Expert Adviser
    So Lance are you saying a good replacement pin can be made from a Grade 8 bolt, somewhat oversize? Cut the hex head off and turn down the diameter as needed and cut to length cutting the threads off. If no other offers I would gladly give it a try. I would  need exact finished diameter and length. Retired machinist Gert, HETgtkristi@comcast.net
  • Gert, Check your email. 
  • Courtesy Man
    Courtesy Man Expert Adviser
    Lance very kindly provided me with the dimensions from an original pin. Anyone know if these were a tight press fit into the hinges ?  Of course the hole in the hinges could have  worn oversize. Anyway I am ready to proceed - Scott email me if you want . I know this is difficult both to remove them and replace especially if the hinges remain on the door post and door. I think you need a jack holding the door up into position from the bottom of the door. Cant let it twist.  Good luck Gert