34 Terraplane parts needed

I need a water jacket and W-1 Carb to finish the engine work. Tried brazing the jacket but just to much rust. Rebuilt carb would be great. I also need the vertical divider between the vent window and the primary window with the disappearing vent.
Help is appreciated.

Comments

• The correct Carter W1 carburetor is a 281s.  I may have a rebuildable core. Send me a pm and I’ll check over the weekend
  • I'm looking for one that is already rebuilt. Thank you for your reply
  • Ok. Good luck 
  • jjbubaboy
    jjbubaboy Senior Contributor
    Think you may have better luck getting a good core and having Daytona Carb or similar rebuild it for you.
    J
  • Thank you for your advice. Any advice on my other needs?
  • I contacted Daytona Carb. Tim is a great guy to deal with. Ordered a carb from them rebuilt. Thanks for the lead. VERY helpful!
  • Glad to hear you found one.  Here’s one of the two 281s carbs I rebuilt:

• Toddh
    Toddh Member
    edited February 2022
    There's an eBay seller that is reproducing the Carter triangle carb tags with correct stamping sand inspection punches.  It’s a nice touch. 

Hudson was a step above the manufacturers in 1934 choosing to put automatic choke (Carter Climatic Control) on all models except the commercial line.  For the automatic choke to work optimally, you need the exhaust manifold mounted hot box and tube: 
  • Old Fogey UK
    Old Fogey UK Expert Adviser
    Has anyone else given up on the Carter W1 and, like me, installed a Daytona replica Zenith 228 ?
     I've no complaints - it looks like a period carb (in fact, back in the day the Zenith 228 was the Hudson service replacement for the Carter), is easy to adjust and the fuel mileage isn't any worse.
  • I just did yesterday!!!
  • Geoff
    Geoff Senior Contributor
    The W1, whilst original, was not a particularly good carburetor,  and a more modern WA1, or Zenith, as David has used, (and myself on my Jet) is much better  deal as far as performance and economy is concerned.