Dave Kostansek

Toddh
Toddh Member
RIP Dave Kostansek.  One of the best and knowledgeable HET members.  Fabulous collection of early Hudson automobiles and a perennial purveyor of correct iginition and other parts.  He will be sorely missed

Comments

• Geoff
    Geoff Senior Contributor
    So sad when we lose such stalwarts. 
  • stev1955
    stev1955 Expert Adviser
    Sorry to hear it
  • tigermoth
    tigermoth Expert Adviser
    Darn. He helped me quite a few times. Great guy. 

-Tom
  • railknight
    railknight Expert Adviser
    It's funny that the other day I was taking inventory of my spare Hudson parts and I came across a package of spark plug, ignition cables for a Hudson "big six" that came from Dave.  He indeed was a great guy and will surely be missed.  
  • cricket
    cricket Member
    Dave was a great guy. Helped me out a couple of times. In talking to him I learned that he toured with and was good friends with my former boss. A lot of knowledge there that is being lost. RIP Dave.
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    A real stalwart for the driving enjoyment of "older" Hudsons.  I was lucky to have known him since the late 70's when we both belonged to the Garden State Chapter.  In his later years he gradually cut back on his parts, and reduced his large "herd" of automobiles, making sure they went to those he knew would appreciate and take care of them -- even if that meant he didn't get top dollar.  Like so many Hudsonites, he took his vast technical knowledge to the grave.  A real loss to the H-E-T.  I'll miss him.
  • JasonNC
    JasonNC Expert Adviser
    I used to call Dave even if I didn't need parts.  I just enjoyed talking to him.  I know that I will sorely miss him.  He was a great guy.