Signal light harness wiring 1950

snowshoe90aolcom
snowshoe90aolcom Expert Adviser
My "50 C6 came with the 6 way signal light harness on the column but my "50 and '51 manual show a little different wiring diagram colors. The blue for left, yellow for right is the same but neither manual shows the power source color nor does the manual say where the red, orange, brown or green wire wire goes. I'm thinking red for power? and the other three go to the flasher? Also, what flasher number is used( from NAPA etc.) and there must be a fuse in line, 15 amp? I've included a picture of the connector. Upper right shows the two wires that run to the rear hanging down. I've put the single element bulb holder in the lower section of the tailights but don't have the bulb, is it an 1129? I'm also in need of double filament bulb holders for the front. Any information is appreciated.  Terry

Comments

• Lance
    Lance Member
    Terry, You have a 52-3 turn signal harness on your turn signal. The 48-51 used a 3 wire setup.  I have bulb holders and new electrical bulbs if you need them.   Let me know
  • snowshoe90aolcom
    Good, Lance. I'm making a list. The double sockets for the front is first but I'm not sure how to remove the old ones as they seem to be "pressed" in and not the removable "finger" type. I've found out a 10 amp fuse is required from a '52 manual and I have all that. The jewel light is something that I need also. I have a box of assorted 6v bulbs but don't know which is used for the double in front or the single for the rear....the manual says to check using a 21CP test light when testing. I'll call you when I get everything figured out.  Terry 
  • Lance
    Lance Member
    OK sounds good.
  • recently added indicators to my 52 wasp if you need any help get in touch. I used the six wire turn signal.
  • snowshoe90aolcom
    I still need the double sockets for the front. Steve, I was hoping to do the simpler 3 wire system using the 6 wire harness if possible, separating the tail/brake light from the signal. Maybe can't be done because of the wiring inside the control head? (signal arm) I might run the single wire to the front temporarily if I can't get the double sockets just to see if I can get them to work. I never have the parking lights on anyway.  Terry
  • i found it relatively simple to use the six wire set up. Just had to replace the single pole socket for twin pole. I have recently converted the globes to led which needed a led specific flasher can. So much brighter with LEDs.
  • Toddh
    Toddh Member
    Snowshoe. You can get the double contact socket guts (contact wafer, contact posts, spring, etc) from Restoration Supply (https://restorationstuff.com/). I got a few sets for my ‘46 to convert my fender lamps for dual filament bulbs for turn signals. 
  • snowshoe90aolcom
    Thanks, Toddh,  I'll give them a call. Do you have their part number off hand?
  • Toddh
    Toddh Member
    Page 8 of their catalog.  Bottom right corner under ‘Pigtails’
  • snowshoe90aolcom
    Got it!  Thanks again,  Terry