Carter WA-1 metering rods and jets

WABOOM
WABOOM Member
Anyone know where to get metering rods and or jets for Carter WA-1? Mine look like they were cleaned too aggressively. 
Thank you in advance. 

Comments

• ski4life65
    ski4life65 Expert Adviser
    what size/number do you need? There are quite a few options depending on the altitude, carb number, etc.
  • WABOOM
    WABOOM Member
    75-975 rod. 
     It is for a '54 Twin H  carb #968S 2113S
  • ski4life65
    do you have a 968s or a 2113s? They take different rods. Also, what altitude are you at?
  • WABOOM
    WABOOM Member
    2113s 
    The rods I have are 75-975
  • WABOOM
    WABOOM Member
    700 ft above sea level
  • ski4life65
    edited July 2023
    The 75-975 rods are meant for 5000-8000 above sea level. That is what I use in Colorado. You need 75-955 rods for you car to run correct
  • On the bright side, you're going to love how it runs with the correct rods... 
  • ski4life65
    This is what you need
  • ski4life65
    I guess Waboom must have found the rods he needed elsewhere. If anyone else needs Carter metering rods, let me know. I have a pretty good variety, and not just Hudson.
  • snowshoe90aolcom
    snowshoe90aolcom Expert Adviser
    On a side note, I found the 968s and the 2113s are the same except for the metering rods and the float settings which is 1/4 inch for the 2113s and 1/2 inch for the 968s. I found this information in a 1954 Motors Manual that I have as I don't have any Hudson manuals later than '52.   Terry
  • I'm here. I do need them. 
  • check with this guy: https://www.thecarburetorshop.com/ 
  • Just wanted to say thanks to Don (ski4life65). I have 2113S carbs on my 52 and when I pulled them apart to rebuild them I found it had the 968S metering rods installed. Contacted Don, he had them, and sent them right out to me. Probably one of the fastest and most pleasant purchases I’ve had in a long time, and in my opinion, more than fair on the price. Changing the rods made a huge difference, for the better, in the way the car runs. Thanks Don!
  • Can someone please tell me if 75-467 metering rods are correct for a WD-O  501S at 1200' elevation ?    Is there a chart somewhere online that shows this information ?