1954 Hudson Hornet

schillaz
schillaz Expert Adviser
A buddy and I pulled an old Hudson out of a barn today. The last time it was on the road was 1973. It appears to be about 99% complete with Twin H, 3 speed OD. 

I just wanted to share some pictures. (I will attach more pictures when I get it cleaned up)

Comments

• drivergo2
    drivergo2 Expert Adviser
    Nice find 
  • railknight
    railknight Expert Adviser
    "Happy Motoring!"
  • schillaz
    schillaz Expert Adviser
    Must be an old fire extinguisher setup in the trunk.

• schillaz
    schillaz Expert Adviser
    Interior Pictures

• Put an LS in it!!! JK, lol don’t do it. Love the car, I have a ‘54 that looks just like it. 
  • Hornet Special
  • schillaz
    schillaz Expert Adviser
    I power washed 20 years of barn dust off the ol stud this morning. Pulled the mouse nest off the head and soaking the spark plugs with Free All penetrant. Hopefully I can get the plugs out and run a scope down the cylinders and see how bad it is inside. (I was told the engine has been stuck for many years).

• I love stuff like this, hopefully you can get it unstuck
  • schillaz
    schillaz Expert Adviser
    Well I forgot on a flat head engine the spark plugs hole point directly at the top of the valve not the piston....so my scope cannot view the cylinders. (The head on the scope is too big to make a 90 deg turn to the cylinder). So either way I will have to yard this engine and pop the head to determine how bad it is. I have a 51 hornet that the engine is free. I might just start rebuilding that one and drop in here??? On the back burner for now.