37 Terraplane pickup jack

Does anyone have a photo of the proper Jack and handle for a 1937 Hudson pickup. I know the part number is 40693 but a photo would sure help. Thanks in advance for the replies.

Comments

• Jon B
    Jon B Administrator

The photo shows the correct bumper jack for a '37 passenger car (and since it's a bumper jack it would probably work on the FRONT of a '37 truck. But does your truck have a back bumper? Otherwise, I don't know what the jack would hook up with, on the truck.

Not every 1937 truck owner is on the Forum. One thing you could try, is to e-mail as many '37 pickup owners you can, and ask them this question. Possibly someone has done some extensive research on the truck and could provide an answer. My guess it's a common jack (of the era), not one which has been custom-fabricated at great expense by Hudson.

The way to find other '37 truck owners would be to go through the Club roster. I think that on-line roster (at the H-E-T website) has a registry which filters by year, so you don't have thousands of names to go through.