New purchase ‘40 pickup

I thought I would share this with you guys. I got this from my friend in southern Colorado. It’s a 1940 Hudson truck, last registered in 1966 from South Dakota and way a highway department truck. Amazingly the engine turns free but is missing some pieces. 

Comments

• Hi I Have 1940 Hudson also  Model 48 with a 8ft box
  • Ok very cool. Love to pics. I am missing a few things. Core support and radiator for one and some of the hood hinge stuff and or pics of how it goes together
  • Today I pulled out the 6 and set in this 429 Caddy and THM400. It’s only temporary to have fun with until I’m ready to do a full on restoration correctly.

• Does anyone know where I can find these side marker lenses? I looked on Wildricks site but nothing.

• charles4d
    charles4d Expert Adviser
    edited December 2023

Partbyemc.com send them your old set they will make you a new set if the don't have them

• Ok thank you. I did get ahold of Eshelman, they have some listed for a ‘42 but they look to big.

• That is a 1940 ONLY piece

• Ok that’s what I wondered, thank you.

• And the short wheelbase vehicles are not the same either.

• Mine is the long wb w deluxe trim. Oddly it has only one wiper arm for the driver.

• Thought I had the only '40 with a big block Caddy.

• Oh very nice, I’ll try a 472 in something soon, when I pick it up. I’m missing the radiator and supports, so I don’t know what’s needed, stock or otherwise….any ideas?

• Mine has a new Griffin aluminum radiator with electric fans with custom made brackets, which were already in it when I purchased the car. I have owned several big boy pickups. on the last one, I just went on ebay and found a good 3 row aluminum radiator with dimensions and outlet/inlet that would work and fabricated brackets. A good radiator and shroud are key to keeping cool where I live. I've heard of people having luck with stock radiators after a motor upgrade, but doing so has never worked for me for more than a few months, especially after adding a/c condenser. Good luck!