Looking for todays paint code. (White)

schillaz
schillaz Expert Adviser

Does anyone have a current paint code that is a close match to the "Frosty White P-72" Hudson color?

What I have found was a PPG cod of 8108 and my paint guy says that is not correct. Its more of a brown.

Or any other white Hudson may have used from 1950-56ish

Thanks,

Comments

• super-six
    super-six Expert Adviser

No white was offered in stepdowns, so none in the 1950-54 years mentioned.

• schillaz
    schillaz Expert Adviser
    edited November 2023

I have a 51 and a 54 both are white. Including the firewall/door jams and in places like in the trunk, springs and under the rear deck. So I assumed it was factory paint. Most of those places don't get sprayed on a repaint.

Did hudson have any custom paints per the customer's request when ordered I wonder?

• lostmind
    lostmind Expert Adviser

Not so. Many two tone options. White was the roof color on many 52 Hudsons.

I remember a 51 Pacemaker Joe Phillips had that was factory white, silver bottom.

• Do a google search for (pick a year) hudson paint colors. You will see lots of paint chip pages. There are a few cream type colors listed in the stepdown years. I didn't see any that I would really call white. Many of these color chip pages are for sale on ebay, and other sites.

• ratlee2
    ratlee2 Expert Adviser

After struggling to find current paint codes I ended up using Ford Wimbledon White which was very close to what was originally on the car.

• super-six
    super-six Expert Adviser

They offered light colors such as Boston Ivory/Honey Cream/Coronation Cream, Seal Gray/St. Clair Gray, etc. which may appear as white after aging but no "white" from the factory. Look it up.

• lostmind
    lostmind Expert Adviser

They are all a different name for a shade of white. Designer names.

There are hundreds of blacks with different names. Still black and white.

You are technically correct, no "white" listed.

I have a huge Duco paint book with charts, for sale if any one is in need.