'50 convertible parts

snowshoe90aolcom
snowshoe90aolcom Expert Adviser

I'm rebuilding the entire hydraulic portion of my '50 Commodore and was wondering if the clips in the top picture were part of this system. The car was basically half taken apart when I got it so some things don't look like they go with this car, like these clips. BTW, I'm using NiCopp for the tubing and have already used 50 feet with about 15 feet to go. Thanks, Terry

Comments

• Lance
    Lance Member

Those are not part of the the hydraulic system. Been there done that. Looks like you have crank windows by way of no hydraulic line going into the door

• snowshoe90aolcom

Thanks Lance. I do have hydraulic windows....you can see the second line from the left coming out of the cowl has the old disconnected hose still there. I bought the quarter window cylinders from 21st Century Hudson several years ago but have been unable to get a response from them via telephone call( left a message} or email to get the rest of the cylinders. I'll purchase the hoses next...maybe from Wildricks? Thanks, Terry

• Lance
    Lance Member

In addition to Wildrick's you may want to try Hydro Electric out of Florida. They sell hoses and cylinders. Nice folks to deal with.

• Courtesy Man
    Courtesy Man Expert Adviser

I think Hydro-electric has the hoses and cylinders.

• snowshoe90aolcom

I'll call Hydro-Electric tomorrow as I was also thinking of having them rebuild the pump and controller. I've had both items apart and had to clean out the old semi-hardened jelled brake fluid but the pump motor runs and I do get continuity through the controller so I'll hope for the best. The reservoir is badly pitted inside so it will have to be replaced. I know they sell a kit for the pump but if they put it in, hopefully they test it before it goes out the door and can set the proper pressure output. I'm sure it will be spendy, but there's no turning back now. Terry

• All that plumbing..WHEW! Glad the 2 converts I restored were '46 and '47. Pump and motor under the back seat.

• snowshoe90aolcom

The old lines were still intact and I got them off without bending them so I had templates to follow when bending the tubing. It will end up being around 70 feet of tubing and close to 40 double flares. A couple smaller lines running from the cowl had rusted through so I couldn't take a chance on any of the lines and decided to replace them all. Nice challenge though! Terry