Battery Tray

I have no battery tray and would like to build one close to original as possible.

I would like a picture of one .My Hudson is a 1939 92 series.

As per Master Chassis Parts book 1937-1939 6's are all the same.

Ivan L.

Comments

• Jon B
    Jon B Administrator

Have you tried e-mailing some of the Hudson parts vendors who advertise in the WTN? These trays are not that scarce, and I'm sure there are even some NOS ones kicking around. (I'm speaking of the "loose" upper portion of the tray; the part upon which it rests, is welded to the frame, I believe, and won't be so easy to obtain.)

You certainly shouldn't need to build one!

• PaulButler
    PaulButler Administrator
    edited February 2

I have an original NOS one knocking around somewhere , if I can find it and you want to cover postage from the UK you can have it ...

• Paul

Thank you for the offer ,but I have all the metal work tools and know how to make it.

I have made a couple before for other makes. I enjoy doing this sort of thing.

I just need to know what it looks like. Yours would be 12V mine is 6V.Is there a difference?

Have a look at this video. Fitzee's Fabrications

https://youtu.be/U8BSTxel8Xc

Ivan L.

• PaulButler
    PaulButler Administrator

Ivan,

I'll have to dig it out for you and I'll post some photo's. I know vaguely where it is in the shed!

• PaulButler
    PaulButler Administrator

So this is what I have , just a scan of the packaging but I have the constituent bits as well

• Paul

This is perfect, just I need.

Thank you

Ivan L.

• PaulButler
    PaulButler Administrator

Ivan,

Do you actually want it in your hand? In which case , for postage which I can get worked out, it's yours.

Or if you'd like actual measurements I can arrange those as well of course

Paul