Wiper motor relocation

I have seen mention of the wiper motor being relocated to enable rear air cleaner of twin h motor to sit straight in a short wheelbase stepdown. Is this a fact and if yes does anyone have a picture or instructions for this modification.

Thanks

Steven

Comments

• ratlee2
    ratlee2 Expert Adviser

I have never come across the relocation kit referenced in the manual on a car. My 53 Super Wasp is mounted in the center with the rear air cleaner offset on an angle to clear it. Ignore the dirty filters, they have already been replaced.

• Thanks for photo Ratlee. Does look bit weirs doesn't it. Guess mine will look the same. I have seen where someone welded a right angle on air filter looked great but beyond my skills unfortunately.

• railknight
    railknight Expert Adviser

I have a '53 Super Wasp with Twin-H and it too has the offset rear air cleaner canister to clear the wiper motor. I also was told by someone in the club years ago about the kit to allow the rear air cleaner to be parallel with the front canister. Never saw one either.

• I also have electric wipers fitted hopefully will clear.

• 7XPacemaker
    7XPacemaker Senior Contributor

"Thanks for photo Ratlee. Does look bit weirs doesn't it. Guess mine will look the same. I have seen where someone welded a right angle on air filter looked great but beyond my skills unfortunately."

I have one of these with the right angle I am willing to sell if you are interested.

• I am very interested.

• 7XPacemaker

I am going to my building in Pennsylvania this weekend. Let me get it and then we can talk!

• 7XPacemaker

Steven- Received your email but cannot email you back. Your mailbox is full and won't accept any incoming emails.

• Hi Thanks for that. I have cleared mailbox.

Regards

Steven