Last owner of my 1947 HUDSON pickup truck

178 Member

In November 2018 I bought a 1947 HUDSON Pickup, which was listed here at barn finds, too: https://barnfinds.com/rare-in-the-uk-1947-hudson-pickup/

I am mostly interested in the trucks history and would like to find the original owner and perhaps some old pictures of this particular car, too.

The old licence plate of my HUDSON truck reads:

KANSAS 63

SN

Truck

Is it possible to track this vintage number ???

Furtermoe I have a picture of the long trailer (please compare to pictures enclosed), on which my HUDSON was dispatched from last owner’s property. It’s licence plate reads:

KANSAS

Trailer

I would like to contact the owner of this trailer for asking, where he picked up the HUDSON.

Can anyone help ? This would be great !!!

Thanks a lot and greetings from Germany!

Frank

Frank

Answers

• Jon B
    Jon B Administrator

You may already know this, but...

The Club keeps registry lists of Hudsons, grouped by year, body style, or other characteristic. Club members voluntarily send information about their Hudsons to the manager of the registry that would include their car. For example, your car is a 1947 truck, and so one would expect to see it listed on the 1941-47 Commercial registry. It's only listed, however, when an owner bothers to send in that information.

One of the bits of information for each car in a registry, is its serial number. So, if you go to the 1941-47 Commercial registry, you could soon locate your vehicle by its serial number -- if someone registered it.

Assuming you're an H-E-T member, you can go to the Club website and -- under "MEMBER" on the drop-down menu at the top of the page -- scroll down (on the left) until you find "1941-47 Commercial" registry and click on it. The registry will then open for you.

Again: you will only find a listing for your Hudson IF a previous owner bothered to contact the registry manager with information on the car.

Regardless of whether you were successful in your search, why not register your Hudson right now? You would first contact the registry manager, whose name and contact information can be found by clicking CLUB from the drop-down menu at the top of the H-E-T website page, then clicking VEHICLE REGISTRY OWNERS. On the list that opens, you can find the registry manager and his/her contact information. E-mail the manager with pertinent information on your Hudson vehicle, especially including the vehicle's serial number.

Good luck in your search!