Bell housing spacer plate- 52 Hornet

Deadwood
Deadwood Member

Does a manual transmission require a spacer plate between the bellhousing and the motor ?

Best Answers

Answers

• Deadwood
    Deadwood Member

That would be greatly appreciated- thank you !!

• lostmind
    lostmind Expert Adviser

I think you need a spacer for the crank to flywheel , not the housing.

Hudson supplied them at onetime with replacement engines.

• What size flywheel are you using? Is it a 9 in or a 10 inch? I have the correct 10-in flywheel for my 1955, 308 engine. There is a space that goes in there on some applications. What year is your engine?

• Deadwood
    Deadwood Member

Not sure, ill have to measure it when I get back to my shop and get back to you on that.

• Deadwood
    Deadwood Member
    edited June 17

I believe it's a 1952 block. The original motor(matches the cars serial number)came with the car and the serial number of the motor I'm using is not a lot higher than the original motor's number.

The previous owner claimed the mounting plate he gave me was for this car and its manual transmission, but the bolt holes don't even come close to lining up, however it mounts up perfectly to a spare hydra glide transmission I have.

Also- The center to center distance of the starter bolt holes on the plate I currently have are way closer together compared to the center to center distance on my manual bellhousing.

• Deadwood
    Deadwood Member

what is the center to center distance of the starter bolt holes in your plate?

• Do you know Lance Walker in Carolina? He would be able to answer that question a lot quicker than I can. You can contact me at, 307-439+9312. I'm Wookie

• Deadwood
    Deadwood Member
    edited June 17

Thanks for the help Wookie, I'll see if I can track Lance down. I appreciate the photos, they are helpful. I'll compare them to what I have. It appears I have the wrong plate.

• Lance Walker 7047929122

• My big fingers hit one button wrong and I didn't catch it

• Deadwood
    Deadwood Member

Lance, I'll be in touch with you when I get back home to Vermont. Currently camping in New Hampsha for a few more days.

• Lance
    Lance Member

I am jealous! And it is pronounced new Hampsha. LOL