Hudson dealership PA?

Does anyone have any information on a Hudson Dealership at 410 N 12th St, Reading, PA?

Answers

• 37 CTS
    37 CTS Senior Contributor

There are several listings I have for Reading but none at that address. I have a couple with no address.

Check the City directory of that time or phone books, they may be found at Reading library or historical society.

• vap
    vap Member

The historical Center of Reading librarian did that I found no Hudson dealerships in Reading PA> Do you have any more information?

• railknight
    railknight Expert Adviser

I have the book, "Your Hometown Hudson Dealer" (1st ed., 2011) by Sheldon P. Rody and Sarah D. Young. It is a listing of Hudson dealers over the years in the United States and elsewhere in the world. There are seven dealers listed for Reading, but none are the address you're looking for. Good luck in your search!

• vap
    vap Member

Thank you. I will look for this book.

• vap
    vap Member

I was just sent this photo of a Hudson truck advertising Koch's Hudson Dealership at 408 N 12th Street with a used car lot at the corner on Buttonwood St.

Any information on the dealership would be great.

• Look up Sheldon Rody in the roster. He sells a book with a listing of all the Hudson dealers.

• railknight
    railknight Expert Adviser
    edited August 22

The only extra information I found on page 187 in the book suggested by Mike Sheridan (and highly recommended by me), "Your Hometown Hudson Dealer" is that Koch Auto Sales of Reading, PA was apparently owned by Harry Koch and the address is 941 Buttonwood St. Again, good luck with your research and also, "Happy Motoring!"