Transmission Tunnel/Firewall Clearance

mrsbojigger
mrsbojigger Senior Contributor
edited November -1 in Street Rods
Jay,
Just had time to get to your reply. YOU CAN keep your bench seat along with the platform that the seat sits on AND the cross brace that goes across under the seat platform. You must remember the history of what I was doing. I first started out with replacing the firewall, front floors and trans tunnel with the idea keeping the original drive train. At mid-stream I changed my mind and wanted to go to a late model drive train. This is when things went weird. All that fabrication was for nothing. Then I wanted comfort so I wanted bucket seats. Things got weirder. So with all this said, I lowered the seat area for the Lincoln Town Car bucket seats to fit, I raised my engine about an inch and then set it back as far as I could. The combination of all these modifications reeked havoc on the stock trans tunnel at the firewall . Rambo's Ride Pics show what can be done without altering the seat platform and cross brace. I would hold off cutting anything at the firewall and trans tunnel until you get the new clip in place and try to shoehorn in the engine/trans. At that point you can start "carefully" cutting away any sheet metal that hinders the installation and build from there. Re-welding what you just cut out is a bummer.
Just a suggestion.
Peace,
Chaz
This discussion has been closed.