Radials on a Stepdown

hudsonguy
hudsonguy Senior Contributor
edited November -1 in HUDSON
I'm in the process of buying a new set of radials for my '49 Super Six, and am planning on using P225/75's on my stock 15" x 5.0" rims. I realize that a comparable bias tire would've used the 5.5" rim when originally built.

Has anyone used this size tire on the 5" rims?

Thanks for the help.

Doug

Comments

• Uncle Josh
    Uncle Josh Senior Contributor
    Bruce Smith and several others in the Hudson/Mohawk club have this size on standard rims with no problems. The tire charts match 215 75 R15 for the 710 that was standard and that's what I'm running on my Commadore. They're great for the open road, but I think they're a little harsh in town but I have gas shocks. I'm going to a regular shock and see what that does.
  • brnhornet52*
    brnhornet52* Senior Contributor
    Hi Doug,

I've run the P225X15 on stock wheels for over 3 years now with no problems at all. Handling is like day and night vs. bias 7:10X15's.
  • After I got my 54 sedan running the first thing I did was to put 215/75/15 radials on it.

It made such a difference in the feel of the car that I would never change back to bias ply........Also they are mounted on the stock rims and have given me no problems what so ever.
  • dave s
    dave s Senior Contributor, Moderator
    I have s set of 7" x 15" chrysler rims, if you are interested in them, e-mail me.
This discussion has been closed.