Electric Wiper Motor -6V?

Unknown
edited November -1 in HUDSON
Does anyone know of an electric windshield wiper motor that will work on a 51 Hornet with a 6v electrical system?

Comments

• I know there is some company out there that makes a generic type 6-Volt wiper motor but cannot find it bookmarked; you might try searching on google. Perhaps a '55-56 Chevy motor could work? Sorry I cannot recall the place and I did a quik search on google and could not find it.
  • hudsontech
    hudsontech Senior Contributor
    I believe the old 6 Volt Volkswagen motors will work - seems to me I've heard of some using them.

Hudsonly,

Alex B
  • Thanks. I'll check it out. I also heard the old VW motors might work. If this doesn't work out I'll just get another Hudson vacuum motor.
  • Jon B
    Jon B Administrator
    If you do go the 'vacuum motor' way, you might want to send the old motor off to Ficken Wiper Service, they've been in business for years and can renew your old motor quickly and at moderate expense. See http://www.wiperman.com/ .

Also, if your car does not now have one, consider installing a dual-action fuel pump, which has a separate vacuum pump to help the wipers work a bit better.
  • Hi:

Do not know if U have found my website, but the URL is listed below. The website exists to act as a repositiory for those who are trying to maintain and drive thier Hudsons. The following is from the website:

color]

VACUUM TO ELECTRIC WIPERS NEW 2 Speed Electric Wiper Motor And Switch Conversion Kits FOR MOST CLASSIC VEHICLES AND YEARS Bolt In Job No CUTTING, $169.95.psh COMPLETE EM FBOTTE@AOL.COM

Clay Hannah- electric wiper conversion for step-downs. Clay Hanna Tool Service, 7411 Northeast 71st Street, Oklahoma City, OK 73105 (405) 848-2334

I have seen both conversions and they are well done.

If the vacume route is your decision:

Windshield Wipers - Vacuum Repair and parts support: Ficken Wiper Service- vacuum wiper motor rebuilding service. 7 day turn around. Hudson motors rebuilt 54.00 plus 5.00 shipping in U.S. Large supply of wiper blades, arms, and etc. 132 Calvert Avenue, West Babylon, NY 11704 (631) 587-3332

Good Luck
This discussion has been closed.