Full Line Reproductions

EssexAdv
EssexAdv Expert Adviser, Member
edited November -1 in HUDSON
Does anyone know if they are still in business. I have heard all the stories about parts and delivery, I'm just wondering if anybody has bought anything from them in the last 2 years.

Thanks

Lew

Comments

• Lew, I talked with Dick about a year ago and later sent him a order. He said he would get it right out to me but time passed. Called again said would be shiped in a couple of weeks. After another few months I emailed and told him to forget the order. Wish someone would start selling the stuff K-GAP doesnt have. Billy K.
  • [ QUOTE ]
    Does anyone know if they are still in business. I have heard all the stories about parts and delivery, I'm just wondering if anybody has bought anything from them in the last 2 years.
    Thanks

Lew

[/ QUOTE ]

Lew... There is a major disconnect between what Dick or his wife tell you on the phone or in response to a paid order. I can tell you from expericence... (My order took 2 years to fill - and that was part of the order) and that fill was only after calling several times and finally demanding all my monies back. The products I recieved were good quality... and immediately shipped after the threat of asking for funds return. I wrote off the remaining stuff as the cost of experience. This is not sour grapes... it is the experince I had and will not have again... my money goes to NOS parts,KGap or one of the other vendors of Hudson parts....

My centavos worth!

Ken Cates
    Heart Of Texas frown.gif
    53HAUL.gif
  • EssexAdv
    EssexAdv Expert Adviser, Member
    Thanks Billy and Ken for your reply. What I am looking for is conformation that they are still in business. Like I said before, I know all the horror stories. No need to repeat them. I just need to know if any body has called or written them and if they say they are still in business.

Thanks again.

Lew
  • EssexAdv wrote:
    Thanks Billy and Ken for your reply. What I am looking for is conformation that they are still in business. Like I said before, I know all the horror stories. No need to repeat them. I just need to know if any body has called or written them and if they say they are still in business.

Thanks again.

Lew

Talked with the folks at Full Line today. I was told that they are not filling orders at this time. When I inquired as to when or if they were going to resume filling orders, I was told that they did not know when or if that was going to happen. Sorry about the bad news.
  • Hudnut, It is not bad news to find out, that a supplier, can't or won't fulfill their obligations to their customers. Thanks for the info as it could save another Hudnut from the headache and anguish of trying to get their money back. A customer should not have to threaten a supplier to get what they ordered in the first place. Waiting 2 years for parts is totally unacceptable...In my opinion...Again thanks for the info

Bob
  • Aaron D. IL
    Aaron D. IL Senior Contributor
    That's true.........still it would be nice if someone would take the reins of stocking all the parts K-Gap and Dave Kostansek didn't have. Perhaps someday the HET should buy a piece of land and buy up all the parts caches, surviving parts, cars, strip them, and sell the parts. I know that's talking big operation but we should start considering what we have to do to keep Hudson's on the road in an afforadble way for the next 50 years assuming that nternal combustion engines don't get outlawed.
  • LanceB
    LanceB Senior Contributor
    That would be nice Aaron. Al Saffrahn in AZ has done a little of that, has lots of parts cars and loads of parts already seperated.
  • Unknown
    edited November 2013
    Grumpy wrote:
    Bill Albright is another who has done a lot... Seems like if I need a part, he's got it.

However, this may be an idea with a lot of merit. Establishment of a 'repository' of sorts, either by type / year / class of automobile, and make parts available @ a decent cost... Might possibly also be done by region, chapter, area of country, or a combination of any of the above.

Thoughts, comments, etc...?

Sounds like a job for U.S.Government.LOL. Just Kidding of course. Ron
  • rambos_ride
    rambos_ride Senior Contributor
    If someone with deep pockets wants to finance me - I'll take it on ;)
  • You mean the famous line " I'm from the government and I'm here to help"? Egad!
This discussion has been closed.