One Wire Alternators

Unknown
edited November -1 in HUDSON
While looking for some electrical parts the other day to buy from a local vendor instead of the internet I was directed to this business, George's Automotive Electric. The original owner Bill George is an old car buff and I belive may have had a vendors spot at Hersey and advertised in Hemmings. His special interest is Chevy and GMC 40's pickups.

What may be of interest here is that he has custom built one wire alternators for 6, 8, 12, 24, and 32 volt applications. The 8 volt alternator may help those who have installed an 8 volt battery for better lights and starting. They will also do a positive gound application if neccessary. They rebuild starters and generators making sure that the exterior apperance is OEM. They also rebuild magnetos, for your older cars.

Bill George also has some NOS cloth covered wire in 18, 20, and 22 ga, It was still soft and may be of use to some one. He had half to third left on 1000 ft spools. I do not know the price, but I think you can pick up the lot, five or six spools, fairly reasonable.

I do not know if this is a interest to anyone, just passing information along.

George's Automotive Electric
2614 New Butler Road
New Castle, PA 16101
724-658-0998
1-800-540-8341
Fax 724-657-8668

Larry Peluso, current owner.
This discussion has been closed.